Always shine by using all your talents and skills!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Coin Stick Puppets

Money Time... A penny's worth one, a nickel's worth five, a dime's worth ten, and a quarter twenty-five (that's a song..and we sing it over and over ...just wish it had a line for the half dollar). My 2nd Graders and I have been creating all different sets of coin combinations, counting change, adding and subtracting money, and also getting ready for our 2nd Grade Store. We are totally "invested" in money! I did find a tool to enhance our unit that I am definitely going to make over Spring Break or have my students make when we get back- Coin Stick Puppets. Now we will be able to sing our sing and raise our puppets to the lyrics, besides using them for adding, subtracting, and coin combinations, etc. :)

No comments: