Always shine by using all your talents and skills!

Monday, August 1, 2011

3 credit graduate class in 5 days

The start of a new Month and the first day of my first 3 credit graduate class. The class-Balanced Literacy is the first one I am a taking in a series of classes to earn my reading license. Atypical of most graduate classes this one is only 5 days long. Thus, it is rigorous, has high expectations, and requires one to be disciplined. Today, I was able to connect prior years of being a college student as I read through 2 articles, wrote a reflection paper and diving into the book: Classrooms that Work. I look forward to reflecting on my readings with my peers, learning how to make my classroom one that promotes balanced literacy, and eagerly await more ways to allow my students to become active and reflective readers/writers!

No comments: