Always shine by using all your talents and skills!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Library and Park Walking Trip!

What a gorgeous day in Northeast WI!  A perfect day for us to walk to the public library and the park!  AHHH-learning in our community and outdoors.  My idea of an A+ education!

First we headed downtown (in the middle of construction) to our local library!  We brought our library cards and were able to check out hot reads after we shared 2 books that I brought along-
[Cover]
This was the 1st one we shared!

THIS WAS RANKED THEIR FAVORITE!!
  Next, they got to check out 3-4 books and the others who did not bring their card read picture books as they waited!  I found a 4 star hot read-a book I quickly put on hold for us to read at school.

                                                                 Product Image

Next, we packed up and headed to the park-we went around the construction this time!  I gave them 5 minutes of park time and then we gathered to use Cheerios to show arrays and division!  Of course, the paper plates I packed were not strongest brand, but they did work (a few cheerios landed on the ground for our friendly Cheerio animal lovers).  I am so proud of all my students; they have come miles in their math skills and strategies!  (oooh and we did also get to eat our own treats we brought with us).

Cheerio math

I MISS THESE!

Ahh snacks!

Jump on...is this a lesson in physics?
SMILES,

No comments: