Always shine by using all your talents and skills!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tears Were Flowing!!!

HELLO FRIENDS,

Today we discussed personal narratives-parts, expectations, leads, etc.  I told my Multi's (Multi-agers) to be ready for me to get sappy because my personal narrative was going to be a true story about my two dear friends that lost their battle to cancer (they were also teachers in our school).  I started out my narrative...It was at the coffee (supposed to say shop) -it was the last time that Sandy and I laughed together before her Cancer came back. Then my lady friends, I bawled...first time ever as a teacher.  Needless to say, when I was done, my Multi-agers understood how one should be connected to their personal narrative and write with expression and voice.  One of my students mentioned and suggested I should hang it in the school lobby.  Additionally, when we reviewed it, another student asked about the other teacher I was going to write about...I admitted I was so overcome by emotion for my first friend...I could not continue to go on about my second.  Thus a revision is in store!  Tomorrow- revise and edit!


Teary smiles,

7 comments:

jivey said...

You are so right- this shows them how to connect to their own stories, but I know it was so hard! :(
Jivey

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

Thanks for commenting, Jivey!

Pinkadots Elementary said...

So sad, but so true!
Theresa
Pinkadots Elementary

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

My personal narrative stimulated a flood of questions-curiosity about Cancer and my friendship with Sandy.

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. S. said...

Oh my! I feel your pain. I still miss my friend who died Jan 23, 2007. I don't know if I could have done it! Especially since she left an 18-year old son (now 25) with instructions to "Take care of my boy!" Little did she know... He's grown into an awesome Christian young man with a beautiful wife !

You're in my prayers!
Blessings & peace,
(¯`v´¯) ★¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ Melly✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸★
`*.¸.*.♥.✿´´¯`•.¸⁀°<><
Stapler’s Strategies

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

THANK YOU!!! AMEN!