Always shine by using all your talents and skills!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Few Smiles...I Have Been Nominated-twice!


Within 1 week I have been nominated twice for the Liebster Blog Award by Sarah from Wishful Thinking and Lisa from The Lower Elementary Cottage!  THANKS LADIES!

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  • Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
  • Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
  • No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)
 
**So here are 11 random things about me:
1.  I have fallen into a cardboard box in front of my students.
2.  I can hulla hoop.
3.  My favorite animal is a horse.
4.  My nails grow quickly.
5.  My hair is over half way down my back...it's getting long.
6.  I live in a village of 3,000 people.
7.  I chew sugarless gum all day.
8.  I love to write humorous stories!
9.  I have 3 pair of glasses and 2 pair of prescription sunglasses.
10.  My parents are still blissfully married- 52 years!
11.  I am a nonfiction lover!

**Questions from Sarah: 
1. Where did you go on your honeymoon, or where would you like to go for your honeymoon?  Ah...anywhere were my husband and I could grow closer together joined by God's grace and love for us!
2. You're leaving work late, again, and you are just too tired to make dinner. Where do you stop to get a quick bite on the way home?  Subway-healthy and fast
3. Do you sit down and eat your lunch? Or do you have a "working lunch"?  Working lunch
 

4. What is your go-to thing to do when you need to get away from it all (work out...call up a friend for a coffee date...)?  Exercise!
5. When did you know you were meant to be a teacher?  It was way back when my parents gave me a chalkboard and chalk.

6. If you hadn't become a teacher, what would you have been?  Counselor or scientist
7. Do you have siblings?  Many-8
8. Do you have pets? no-but wishing for a horse or dog
9. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?  Germany
10. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be? Why?  My Grandparents- to learn more about them

 11. What color pen do you correct student work with?   All different colors :>)
**Here are 11 questions for my nominees: 
1.  When is your favorite time of your teaching day?
2.  What motivates you to teach?
3.  How long have you been teaching?
4.  What is on your teaching Bucket List?
5.  If you could give all your earnings to 1 charity, what charity would it be?
6.  How many hours of sleep do you get on school nights?
7.  What is your favorite writing activity?
8.  What was the last book you read?
9.  What is your favorite place to buy teaching supplies?
10.  What is the best Blog to follow?
11.  When will you retire?

**Here the Blogs I am nominating:
1. hippohoorayforsecondgrade  
2. Blooming in 1st
3. Hoot Hoot Hooray!
4. I Love TWEK, Tasty Technology Treats for Teachers
5.
Resource Room Rules
6. Learning in the Little Apple
7. Lighting a Fire in 3rd Grade
8. Second Grade Chatter
9. Sensational Seconds
10.  http://mackeysclassroom.blogspot.com/

11.   http://merrykinderkapers.blogspot.com/      


(I apologize for the white background behind some of my text.)

 

SMILES!

No comments: