Always shine by using all your talents and skills!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lining Up Tips and Strategies to Incoporate CCSS

I am in the thick of the summer school, the home stretch is about to begin-next week to be exact!  In my district summer school is 6 weeks long; today is day 23rd day!  I must say, the students are doing extremely well and enjoying all of their classes.
For my 2nd and 3rd sessions of class we need to use the technology lab; this means, we need to practice lining up quietly and safely; yes safely, many of us seem to have on hyper throttle shoes!  This means I get the wonderful opportunity to reach into my lining up strategies bag and pull out some wonderful ways to line up!
Here are some I use:
  • Lining up by the amount of syllables in their first or last names
  • Lining up by even and odd amount of letters in first or last names
  • Lining up by their favorite ice cream topping
  • Lining up by the amount of vowels in their first or last names
  • Lining up by their birthday month
  • Lining up by the amount of people in their family
  • Lining up by their shoe size
  • Lining up by their eye color
  • Lining up after they have told me the answer to a math fact
  • Lining up after they have told me a synonym or antonym to a word I give them
  • Lining up after they tell me 3 verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc.
  • Lining up after they spell a spelling word
  • Lining up after they tell me 5, 10, 100 more than the number I give them
  • Lining up after they tell me a city in WI
  • Lining up after they tell me a set of homophones
  • Lining up after they tell me two rhyming words with the word I give them.
  • Lining up after they tell me an asking, telling, command, or an expression sentence
  • Lining up after they tell me a fact family statement or a turn around fact and its answer
  • Lining up after they tell me a double fact and its answer
What tips/techniques/methods do you use?  Please share!

No comments: